SMG Hostess in Los Angeles, California
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: F&B Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Hostess for SMG/The Greek Theatre. Responsible for - serving guests in a courteous, helpful, professional and pleasant manner. The server is responsible for duties as greeting guest, serving the guests' needs, opening and closing side work and other service related duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet customers as soon as they walk through the door
- Provide patrons with accurate wait time estimates during busy periods
- Maintain a neat, organized front-of-house environment
- Seat guests and take initial drink orders as needed to ensure ideal speed of service
- Assist with opening/closing tasks and side work as needed
- Learn food and beverage menu
- Rotate seating between different stations to ensure even workloads for waitstaff
- Answer phones and schedule reservations with large parties
No Supervisory Responsibilities for the position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- 1+ years customer service experience, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Advanced time management experience
Skills and Abilities
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times
- Strong Knowledge of sanitary practices
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment
- Team player who looks for ways to help out other employees whenever needed
- Ability to undertake and completed multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
- Flexible schedule, particularly for weekend/evening shifts
- Ability to work 6+ hours on your feet at a time
- Willingness to work at least every other holiday
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000313137706#/
Recruiter- Edva Rivas
The Greek Theatre
2700 N Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 323.391.6001
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled