SMG Catering Sales and Marketing Manager in Long Beach, California
POSITION: Catering Sales and Marketing Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Director of Food and Beverage
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Catering Sales and Marketing Manager for SMG/Premier. This position is responsible for seeking and booking, planning and implementation of catering food service for all catered events by performing the following duties, personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks out and books new business and grows repeat business. Develop sales tracking and cold calling.
Work closely with facility sales people to continually bring in new clients.
Introduce prospective clientele to the variety of items and services offered and design events exclusively for clients based on their wants and needs.
- Design all proposals for clients and ensure that upon acceptance by client, contract is signed and returned with deposit.
- Work closely with Executive Chef to ensure the clientele is getting the most for their money while maintaining SMG profit margins.
- Produce weekly F & B schedule of events (which is updated up to 4 times a week) and submit to necessary individuals.
Oversee the set-up and service of all catered events.
Meets all clients and maximize all F&B possibilities. Work closely with facility sales department to increase bookings. Participate in all site tours.
- Assists in event planning with catering staff (i.e. special menus, theme events, entertainment.
- Previous experience in food sales or similar environment preferred.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to meet required budgetary goals.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Computer skills to include Outlook, Excel and Word programs.
- Ability to be creative with buffet presentations and maintain a quality product.
- Attention to detail and service oriented.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree, or technical school; one or two years of related experience of hospitality and food and beverage industry.
- At least four years of management experience in a banquet facility servicing meals for large events.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Word Microsoft, PowerPoint, Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled