SMG Banquet Attendant in Long Beach, California
POSITION: Banquet Attendant
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Food and Beverage Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Banquet Attendant for SMG/Premier at the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center. This position is responsible for providing food and beverages services through buffet station setups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and create a full service buffet setup, including breakfast, lunch, dinner and receptions
- Ability to position food and beverage items according to best practices to ensure proper guest flow
- Manage the food delivery and maximize food quality by consistently monitoring presentation
- Stock and supply all aspects of the buffet service, including food and beverage
- Ability to engage guests in active description of menu items and ingredients
- Maintain service ware and equipment in accordance with established procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have 6 month experience working as a buffet attendant or buffet attendant training.
- Must have the ability to follow directions and effectively perform banquet server duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be TIPS certified.
- Must have a California Food Handler certificate.
Skills and Abilities:
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Must have good work ethic.
- Must work well with a team and be cooperative.
- Ability to work well with other staff members in the facility.
- Must pay attention to detail.
- Knowledge of food service industry.
- Excellent skills in guest services and catering
- Must have a pleasant disposition and a neat appearance.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, guests, and show management.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to review, communicate and provide special meal or service requests.
- Must have ability to take directions and effectively perform the work.
- Must be able to read and understand safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled