Ducommun Supply Chain Manager in Carson, California
Supply Chain Manager
Manage Supply Chain activities encompassing all procurement activities including
the selection, development and rationalization of the supplier base, and the
deployment of appropriate strategies to support the needs of the business and its
customers. Supervise the daily activities of the Supply Chain Department and
assigned personnel. Essential functions, include, but are not limited to the
Directly supervises employees of the Supply Chain Department. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include; interviewing, hiring and training
employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
Establishes and implements procedures and systems for all Supply Chain
Establishes organizational structure and staff responsibilities. Provides for
staff training and development.
Identifies potential suppliers of goods and services to support the growing
needs of the business. Develops operational strategies and establishes
beneficial relationships with selected suppliers.
Maintains a corporate database of approved Suppliers in conjunction with the
Quality Department. Ensures compliance with established quality standards.
Analyzes forecast, MRP and cell schedule data to ensure the timely
procurement of goods and services in support of customer needs.
Establishes and maintains metrics that measure the performance of the
purchasing function and provides for continuous improvement.
Must be willing and able to work overtime as necessary.
Acceptable attendance is an essential function of the position.
Performs other duties as assigned or required by the position.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to use a computer in the performance of the essential duties, including
creating reports and e‐mail correspondence.
• Experience in the use of engineering drawings and digital files for communicating customer
product requirements to outsource fabrication suppliers.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond to sensitive
inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to write detailed reports and correspondence using original and/or innovative techniques
• Ability to speak effectively before individuals or large groups of customers, suppliers or other
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and
common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages,
area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to
compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram
form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with
hands and arms.
• Must be able to communicate effectively.
• Annual baseline hearing test is required.
• Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to handle demands associated with management position.
• Responsibilities may include travel.
23301 S. Wilmington Ave
Carson, California, 90745