Lakeshore Learning Materials DevOps Engineer in Carson, California
Lakeshore Learning Materials is one of the premier manufacturers of educational materials for elementary programs, early childhood organizations and parents around the country. A multichannel organization with a strong sales division, thriving web business, catalogs and 60 store locations nationwide, Lakeshore has experienced continuous growth since its inception in 1954. We attribute our long-term success to the daily contributions of the remarkable individuals who make up our team.
We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to work on-site at our Carson headquarters. In this role, you will help automate, build, configure, test and maintain Oracle ATG Commerce and Endeca continuous integration efforts in support of business initiatives. Successful candidates will have a talent for quickly learning new skills, placing simplicity and configuration before bespoke coding and solutions. Because this position is highly collaborative, excellent communication skills are essential.
- With limited guidance, perform defect correction (analysis, design, code) on less complex issues
- With guidance, begin to install, customize and integrate Oracle Commerce code and related assets
- Work with more tenured peers to gain understanding of systems while conducting root cause analysis of issues, reviewing new and existing code and/or performing unit testing
- Learn to create system documentation/playbooks and attend requirements, design and code reviews
- Receive work packages from manager and/or delegates
- Understand and assist in gathering and analyzing customer requirements and may respond to outages following the appropriate processes
- Partner with experienced team members to develop accurate estimates on work packages
- May begin to identify issues that impact availability
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 2+ years of software development experience shell scripting
- Experience with DevOps strategy
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery capabilities
- Experience with tools like Jenkins, GitLab, Maven, Gulp, Knockout, Git, ANT and Chef
- Development languages like Java, Shell and other scripting languages
- Experience with automated testing tools in a continuous delivery environment is a plus
When you join Lakeshore, you’re joining hundreds of talented and dedicated individuals who believe that the materials we create really can make a difference. For over 60 years, we’ve been developing some of the best learning materials in the world—products that spark young imaginations, instill a sense of wonder and foster a lifelong love of learning. Products that make it possible forevery child to enter school ready to succeed. Products that help children with disabilities make amazing educational strides and join their peers in the classroom. And we know that we couldn’t do the incredible things we’re doing without the people who are on our team. We’re continually making sure we have the right people in place to take us to the next level, and we’re always on the lookout for smart and enthusiastic people to join us. If you are a down-to-earth professional who shares our passion and our drive, we’d love to hear from you.
Compensation depends on skills and experience. Family-owned and family-friendly, Lakeshore offers a great on-site preschool, 401(k), excellent medical/dental and vision coverage, flexible benefits, plus a generous profit bonus plan, employee discount and casual dress. To apply, please complete an online application at https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=LAKESHORE&cws;=1&rid;=2558. To learn more about Lakeshore, visit http://www.lakeshorelearning.com. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Location: *Carson, CA